Frequently Asked Questions
It is a service that aims to regulate the internal work environment in establishments by electronically verifying its policies, which creates a safe and effective work environment and works to raise awareness and improve the work environment
Standard labor policy:
Enables companies to issue a labor policy and approve it by the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development immediately, with the ability to make some limited amendments to the following items:
- Annual Calendar (Hijri - Gregorian)
- Leave system
- Business hours (regular - seasonal)
- Weekly rest days
Customized labor policy:
Enables companies to add additional items to the standard labor policy where they are prepared and reviewed by accredited law firms, then approved by the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development and submitted and documented in the service
All companies are obligated to issue a labor policy
The policy can be printed by navigating to the policy page and selecting the print icon in the top left
A law firm can register as an approved service provider on Qiwa platform by visiting the service link https://policies.qiwa.sa and registering as a law office which will then be reviewed by the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development
Standard labor policy are previously approved by the Agency for Inspection and Work Environment Development at the Ministry of Labor and Social Development that do not require approvals and can be issued and approved electronically.
Establishments can make simple amendments to the regulation, such as the number of vacation days - the calendar used - working days.
The Customized labor policy are the regulations specific to each facility. Special terms and conditions are added to the facility, then documented by law firms approved by the Ministry of Labor and Social Development, and reviewed and approved by the Ministry of Labor and Social Development.
The labor policy cannot be amended after its approval, but the establishment can cancel and adopt a new one.
It is not necessary to adopt a new labor policy if there is approved one by the Ministry of Human Resources.
The establishment must approve one list under the unified number, and it can approve a list for each of the unified number establishments.
Labor Policy preparation and accreditation should be in Arabic, and the establishment can translate them to any language after the accreditation by the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development.
This results in the imposition of a fine by the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development.
The employee can view the labor policy by following next steps:
- Register or log in to Qiwa
- Entry into the forces of individuals
- Entering the “labor policy” service
- The policy of the establishment in which the employee works will appear.
* The policy of the establishment must be approved in Qiwa
Law firms can register in the service of the labor policy provided that all conditions are met (according to Ministerial Resolution No. 70273) upon registration and throughout the period of :Providing services
- The existence of a valid attorney's license for the owner of the firm specialized in the field of law and approved by the Ministry of Justice.
- The number of Saudis working for the establishment owner who qualifies for at least a legal bachelor's degree should not be less than two.
- The owner of the establishment must have experience in the work system, whether they have previously worked in legal departments in the public or private sector for no less than three years, or with experience in preparing and discussing the organization of work for private sector establishments or pleading before the labor judiciary.
- The establishment owner's commitment to the controls and mechanisms approved by the Ministry for the preparation of labor policy other than the unified model
- Opening a establishment account through the Ministry's electronic services